Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape Mobile (Android) - August 31, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
edited September 2015 in Onshape Mobile
This is the first update we have pushed since Android debuted 3 weeks ago and I wanted to share a few things we recently released to the Google Play Store.  Here are some things that were added this release:
Highlights include:
  1. Hole feature - The ability to add holes with the new Hole feature.

2. Toggle 2D/3D rotation lock - The ability to override rotation lock in areas like sketch and assembly mating when selections are active.

3. Added document size to the Documents list.

4. Various fixes to address device support and crashes with Intel-based devices on 4.4 KitKat.
*** In the first release we did have some devices that were able to run the minimum required operating system but their device GPU and Graphics libraries were not compatible with the latest OpenGL requirements.  Due to this limitation, we have built in some protection for these deices so they are notified when you try to load documents.

Please send us tickets on any devices that are having problems so we can better understand the problems.  Please download the update and let us know what you think!  ~Lou

UPDATE: One point to note with Drawings, in the initial releases Drawings on mobile will be view-only.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Rotation lock sounds interesting, can't wait to give these some time..

You rock!
    //rami
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, great release.
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    I already installed Onshape App in my android.Now i am not able to see above updates.To get these updates whether i have to update my onshape App.?
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    Narayan_K said:
    I already installed Onshape App in my android.Now i am not able to see above updates.To get these updates whether i have to update my onshape App.?
    Can you check the About under the ? menu and note what the version of the app is? Chances are the update was made public in the Play Store but it is taking a while for it to reach everyone.
    rbaek, it is of Onshape Andriod version 1.34.3477(23979890)
    Narayan_K said:
    rbaek, it is of Onshape Andriod version 1.34.3477(23979890)
    If you check the Play Store now, do you see any updates for the Onshape app? A newer version should be available.
    edited September 2015
    Yes now the update is available in Play Store.I updated to latest version.Now i can see the updates.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • imagineeredimagineered Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Is there a list of devices that are compatible?  It's a nightmare trying to find the graphics specs on these devices
    Is there a list of devices that are compatible?  It's a nightmare trying to find the graphics specs on these devices
    You can download the app (or update it to the latest) and create or open a document. If you can successfully do so, it should work.
  • matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something, or can you not currently move items around in assembly mode?  It seems like with the rotate lock option, it would be easy to manipulate the assembly.  Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.
    Am I missing something, or can you not currently move items around in assembly mode?  It seems like with the rotate lock option, it would be easy to manipulate the assembly.  Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.
    Hi @matthew_menard, you should be able to move around assembly instances by selecting them first, and then drag around. Alternatively, you can move them with the assembly manipulator, which will appear when you select an assembly instance.
  • matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    @rbaek, Thanks for that.  I figured I was missing something simple.