Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Distances between points and/or parts on Assemby Studios

gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in General
Althought the program tells you distances and other information between diferent instances on Part Studios, I miss similar information on Asembly Studios.
When designing parts, not always are located on the position that will be located when asembled or can be assembled on different ways... So sometimes I need some infromation about distances between parts or certain points on the assembly. (May be it is only me...)

So I think that will be very usefull for me a tool that tell the designer the distances between determined points when assembling
May be the points can be determinated by mate connectors points.

Does any other think this tool will be usefull?

Comments

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Presently in Onshape assembly studio we can measure the distance between the existing corners,edges and faces but we can't create any points.Yes point can from sketch tool so it only available in part studio.Mate connector will next solution get distance between user defined points.I m also thinking capability of measuring dimensions between mate connector is a good option.
  • gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Thank you @Narayan_K that is what I mean, I miss that functionality on Assembly Studios, actually sometimes I have to guess and do a trial/fail approach...

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited September 2015
    I too would like to have this possibility and it is also something that one would assume considering how measurement tool works for other instances.

I have opened IR for voting,
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1728/measurement-between-mateconnectors-in-assembly-mode

//rami