Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dome feature?

Hi all, finally decided to have a crack at Onshape, long time SolidWorks user.

After playing around with a few of the basic features and noting that they're not hugely different than what I'm used to, I decided to have a start at making a simple recreation of a model that I did in SW recently. Unfortunately, I was stumped almost immediately as I don't seem to be able to find a "dome" tool. Does something like this exist in Onshape and I'm being blind?

Comments

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Not available as yet -- the nearest thing is to loft to a point with a semi elliptical arc (or circular arc) for a guide curve, for an irregular profile, or simply revolve that arc, in the case of a circular profile.
    The former approach was suggested recently in a thread on modelling a heart, with a worked example, on this forum.

It's a lot more work than clicking on "Dome", but it's doable.
  • Options
    Alright, thank you for answering that