Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing from Rhino 3.0

will_aldridgewill_aldridge Member Posts: 10
I have a airplane design I've been working on for 8 plus years in Rhino and was really stoked when I found Onshape and knew that I could finally model the control system and see it working/debug it.  I have imported a couple files by exporting them as IGES.  I'm wondering if there is an easy way to convert the Rhino parts (which I think are all surfaces not solids) into parts that Onshape can play with?  Or am I going to have to recreate each part?

I'm also curious about Onshapes capability using B-splines.  I used them to create all the compound curves on my bird (see thewilltofly.com to see what my plane looks like) and the way Rhino uses them is very similar to the way aerodynamicists actually loft fuselages.  So I'm hoping Onshape has the same capability.

Answers