Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I would call it a raster image...

ian_armitageian_armitage Member Posts: 3
In AutoCad it would be called a Raster Image.  I am recreating a map that I drew in AutoCad and need to put the topographic map in (This would be the Raster Image).  How do I put a background image to draw on top of it?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    First you need to import image to your document. Then in sketch mode you can add the image behind the sketch.

@lougallo 's description in IMPROVEMENTS TO ONSHAPE - OCTOBER 12, 2015

NEW Sketch image - Insert a picture into a sketch as a reference. 

//rami
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I already have a .dwg tab that I want to import the image into.  Is there a way to do that?  I don't want to have to draw the image all over again.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I don't know what happens if you add them both to same sketch (same workflow for both file types), but you can test and share =)
    //rami
  • Options
    3dcad said:
    I don't know what happens if you add them both to same sketch (same workflow for both file types), but you can test and share =)
    What's the worst that happen?  I have to start all over? :)
  • Options
    Nope, you never need to start all over - just hit undo or go back in history =)
    //rami