Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing Font size?

Mark_50Mark_50 Member Posts: 6
is it possible to change the font size on dimensions?

I like to increase the font size on my drawings to compensate for folks that take a "C" size drawing and print it on "A" size paper. I generally use a 20+ something font and call for bold text. This makes the document readable.

Is this possible with Onshape yet?

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    This is not yet possible in Onshape.
  • chris_barilchris_baril Member Posts: 1
    I had the same question and got the following response from the very helpful support rep:

Currently this is set by the template. In the first build of Drawings we are controlling a lot of the settings with the template... Currently you cannot change the template once you pick on but here are some notes to create your own templates:

We are working on allowing more of this in coming builds.

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @Mark_50 , Currently this facility is not available in onshape. You can raise a ticket and or make an improvement request for this.
  • Mark_50Mark_50 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. No need to make work for anyone. It is a feature that I find useful, maybe not so much anyone else.

m
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mark_50
    Improvement requests are an invitation for users to vote on how useful they would find a given enhancement, as opposed to feedback tickets which are a private suggestion, so no worries on that score. 

I personally think what you ask for is essential and inevitable, it's just a matter of when it reaches the top of the "To Do" list.
  • jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
    We agree that it's essential and inevitable.  It is indeed getting near the top of our list. 
  • MaximumMaximum Member Posts: 2
    Any update on this? This is an item of high importance for drawing readability if your drawings are not so standard.
  • john_mcculloughjohn_mccullough Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 38
    Drawing dimension text size has been adjustable for a while now (Jan 2016). This field can be found at the top of the Properties flyout (accessed from the Properties button on the left end of the drawings toolbar).