Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Have you ever wanted to read a STL file into Onshape?

joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
Hello

I am looking for a few good men, or women, that are interested in an early access testing opportunity.. We have a partner looking for feedback.

Requirements:
  1. You have need to bring in STL or other mesh formats into Onshape
  2. You have access to said data
  3. You have time to test and give a partner feedback on said solution
  4. You are willing to participate in a private beta.

If you feel you meet all these requirements and wish to participate. Please send me an email.

jdunne@onshape.com

Given that this is a private beta. I likely cannot say much about it here. So if you are indeed interested. Please send me an email.

Thanks

Joe Dunne
Partner Manager

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
Tagged:

Comments

• michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondered if you had selected the STL beta test members yet?
  • daniel_chowdaniel_chow Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    I am very interested. 

1. I'm a secondary school teacher in Vancouver BC, we have a 3D Repap based printer as part of our STEM program
    2. Well you can d/l STL files from a lot of places
    3. I will give feedback
    4. Id love to participate in the beta testing

• ben_masefieldben_masefield Member, Developers Posts: 8

The Beta testing will be an ongoing thing until the product is officially released... if you are interested, send Joe an email. The requirement is that you are active with your testing and provide feedback. This isn't a request for people to simply try it, but rather for people who have a use/need to try it AND provide feedback on what works, what doesn't and what is missing.

• fluvio_lobo_fenogliettofluvio_lobo_fenoglietto Member Posts: 36 PRO
    Hello,

Our team uses 3D scanners to render both anatomical models and medical equipment we would like to modify. I am pushing Onshape heavily within our institution and have been using it as our main CAD tool for the last 6 months. Would this be an extension to Onshape? Could I join the beta?

Thank you for your time!
  • chris_bottinochris_bottino Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Yes Please!  I need to edit a simple stl.... I understand the limitations of processing more elaborate models.  The one I have is only 67kb.  Hope to hear from you! Thanks
  • joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Chris make sure to go the the App Store and try InStep. this will allow you to bring in editable STLs into Onshape

Instep

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.