Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change Orientation of a View in Drawings

tim_hornbergertim_hornberger Member Posts: 3
edited November 2015 in Drawings
Is there anyway to change the orientation of a view in a drawing?  All I can do is select the default named views (Top, Left, Right, Front, Back, Bottom) to insert into a drawing.  Ideally I would like to be able to orient the view dynamically.  I also tried creating a named view in the model and reference that in the drawing but named views don't seem to show up in the list when inserting a new view.
Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    No yet.  I will add you to the improvement. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • stephen_lewin_berlinstephen_lewin_berlin Onshape Employees Posts: 20
    You can also derive a new view from an existing view using the "auxiliary view" command on the toolbar to get, for example, a view on the plane of an existing face.
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • david_coward501david_coward501 Member Posts: 1
    Any word on when this feature will be available? I am looking to provide production drawings and want to be able to insert a named view into a drawing with the correct orientation.
  • Steven_BullSteven_Bull Member Posts: 3 PRO
    This is an absolutely fundamental requirement of creating drawings. UX should be: Create Named View in Part Studio>Place Named View on Drawing. All the missing features in drawings, which will no doubt come in time are OK, but the ability to easily create orthogonal views of inclined components is absolutely critical to producing drawings NOW.