Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can I merge two documents?

jamie_fleckjamie_fleck Member Posts: 8
I'm trying two merge two documents of mine pencap and tang.  I tried exporting and importing?  I know it's not much I can just redo the drawing.  But in the future I might have more advanced drawings.

Thank You

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Other than drawing tabs you can copy and paste into another document. I don't know if there is a way to move drawing tab from doc to another.
    //rami
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Not currently possible. You can currently copy Part Studios but that is it at the moment. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @jamie_fleck , Onshape documents are like containers, in which they contains assembly, drawing and part studio tabs. Currently in Onshape document to document referencing are not available. User can use and copy part studio of different document. This facility is not available for assembly and drawing. User have to use "copy to clipboard" option to copy the part studio and "paste tab" option to paste in different document.In future we will hope that this facility will also available for assembly and drawing studio also.
  • jamie_fleckjamie_fleck Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, everyone.
  • jamie_fleckjamie_fleck Member Posts: 8
    I think I need more sleep!