Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Setting decimal places in sketch

ken_sojdaken_sojda Member Posts: 3
I am sketching in inch units and want to see dimensions in 4 place decimal.
Is there a way to do this either globally or for a particular document?
All I get is 3 place on linear dimensions and 2 place on angles.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hamburger icon, top left when you start a document. There you will find units to decide on inches/mm etc.
    @ken_sojda   you can change the precision on drawings see below: Whilst modeling you will see the exact dimensions which you need to change
    to exact values if you want them exact during modeling, otherwise it would not work for global 3D operating system.

1.PNG 21.8K
  • Options
    ken_sojdaken_sojda Member Posts: 3
    I see that dialog box in drawings but in sketch the box only asks for the value.
    If I enter .3754 it accepts the value but rounds to .375 when I close the box.
    I assume it is using the actual 4 place decimal but is confusing when I am enter dimension in tenths,