Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Help with selection alignment/offest

Eric_LassardEric_Lassard Member Posts: 4
I am wondering if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong, as selection highlights in yellow do not line up with the part.

I get this issue in both Chrome and Firefox on Linux Mint 17.2 KDE, and the view does not affect it, the selection is *always* offset from the part.

All help appreciated, this is slowing down learning on onshape greatly through sheer frustration.

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Sorry, I don't completely understand your problem. If you can make your document public and share link here, I can take a look.
    //rami
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The selection looks to be sketch contours rather than solid edges:

This suggests to me that the solid has perhaps been "Transform"ed (translated) further down the feature list from where it was created, so it no longer lines up with the sketch. Is this a model someone else created?

If it's not something along these lines, it may be a graphics card or graphics driver problem.
  • Eric_LassardEric_Lassard Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2015
    I suspect it isn't the document, it's a setting. If you look above, the yellow selection is not aligned with the part, it is considerably above it. In all the tutorial video's, the selection, in yellow, is aligned with the part/face/line you are selecting. This makes life very difficult indeed.

This *should* be the document.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/884e71dd07ed44dfaabf94e5/w/ab2607e1c4d145b3b1a3e8cf/e/3e8dbe9f1c294d0e89ad48c6

I created this from scratch, in Onshape. No importation shenanigans. Graphics card is an elderly ATI 3750. Changing this out is not an option for a few months, and not unless it is definitely the problem.

Many thanks for the input so far.
    edited December 2015
    @Eric_Lassard
    Works fine for me, I think it must be your card
    (I don't know anything about Linux, though, so I can't rule out that there might be something there?)

Cheers for that. I'll try a different distribution, and see what happens then.

Hopefully it isn't a Distro problem, Mint being *the* most popular Linux distribution. 
    Good luck! (I take it you've tried restarting Chrome, and rebooting the machine?)

.... For the avoidance of confusion by followers of this thread, when I referred to "Translate" in an earlier post, it was not file translation, but geometric translation (one option under "Transform" feature in Onshape)
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited December 2015
    I get similar result with chromebook as @andrew_troup posted.
    I suppose the best to begin with would be using ?-menu and send feedback to Onshape.. I'm sure they have few Linux guys there, I don't have any Mint installations at the moment to give it a try.. 

For some weird anomalies in the past the fix has been shift+refresh, set zoom to 100% or disabling add-ons. You might wan't to rule out before filing a ticket.

Please let us know how things workout for you as we will probably see many more Linux users here than other cad forums.. 
    //rami
    edited December 2015
    I'll be experimenting more over the Xmas period, I have far too many plates to keep in the air until then, and it's unlikely I'll get chance beforehand.

EDIT -

The selection now works nicely with a default installation of Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon. It looks like it's an issue with KDE.