Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

import dxf to drawing

colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
Every time I import a dxf to a drawing, I get the all black background.... Any ideas how to remedy this?

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I too prefer white background for dwg/dxf.. Black seems to be standard in many 2D software maybe that is why Ons use that too?

It would be nice to have some import settings like: Units, Scale, Backround color, Import only visible layers.
    //rami
  • john_mcculloughjohn_mccullough Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 38
    Onshape is currently just reading and displaying the DXF and DWG files with fidelity. If the default black background is in the file, that is what Onshape shows. 
    We will look into providing an option to change an imported drawing to a white background to match Onshape created drawings. Thanks for the suggestion.