Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part studio into drawing

alex_waterhousealex_waterhouse Member Posts: 3
Hello, 
Is it possible to insert the entire part studio into a drawing. I have created a clock design in the part studio and have added numbers onto the clock using the extrude 'new' feature, saving the need to add them on in an assembly. When I then go into 'drawing', it only will allow me to insert the individual parts, or an assembly - which I don't have as I created it all in the same part studio. 
Thank you
Alex
Tagged:

Answers

• alex_waterhousealex_waterhouse Member Posts: 3
    I have been playing around with it. I have been able to do it by putting the part into an assembly then putting the assembly into the drawing. 
    Is this the way that this has to be done?
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Currently no, but it is in the plans.  The current workaround is to add the entire part studio to an assembly and use that.

I will add you to the request.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @alex_waterhouse
    Inserting whole part studio to assembly is pretty straight forward and if you need to add more parts you can simply select a bunch of parts and add group mate which will fix all selected parts into each other - no further mating needed.

@jakeramsley please add me to that IR too, even though workaround is easy and fast - it is extra work and extra tab.
    //rami
  • alex_waterhousealex_waterhouse Member Posts: 3
    Thank you both for your fast responses
    Alex