Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Speed of Drawings

colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
It seems to me that the solid modelling environment is incredibly fast.  This is a contrast, it seems, to the slow response I get when trying to do anything in a Drawing.  Are there any improvements coming up w.r.t. the speed of the response to editing drawings??

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    edited January 2016
    @colin_daly We are aware of the problems from the user's perspective and it is being worked on.  We'll need you and others to continue to give us feedback in future releases on what you think.  Let's keep the lines of communication wide open here, as always.
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I would have agreed with @colin_daly but today with the latest update there has been an extreme improvement in  drawing performance. Well done @Onshape

With that said also noticed were welcomed but low level improvements. below is my list of required improvments that I'd like to see more focus on.

1. Sketching and the ability to dimension to sketch entities.

2. More robust section views including the ability to jog the section cut and position anywhere. (not just projected from the Cut)

3. The ability to create a detail view from a section view.

4. The ability to project a view from a detail view

5. broken views to shorten featureless sections of long parts.

6. The ability to rotate views.

7. The ability to place section and detail views on another sheets.

_Dave_
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    Thanks for the feedback and the list here @_Dave_