Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape Running slow

michael_parkermichael_parker Member Posts: 5
My OnShape has also been running a lot slower than normal ever since the professional upgrade has come out. My memory isn't full and i'm still on the FREE version. Is this anything to do with onshape or is it something different? 

Comments

• andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    Hi Michael,
    You should not have seen a slow down in the new release. Try a SHIFT+refresh of the Onshape page in your browser to clear the cache and see if that helps.
    Regards,
    Andy
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • michael_parkermichael_parker Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Andy, worked a treat. 
  • avihu_goralavihu_goral Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Where is the "SHIFT+refresh"?
    regards,
    avihu
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @avihu_goralHold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click the refresh button in the browser.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I have been finding Onshape is running slow here (In Australia) this week. Keep thinking it will come good but does seem to. Sometime it to the point of not being usable, normally I don't have this problem even on very sketchy internet.

Might be to do with our change of prime minister ;)
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • justin_shallakerjustin_shallaker Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem as Bruce above, have been waiting 5 mins for the model to load. Is a shame really as has lots of potential. Looks like Australia's internet system is just not up to the task of running this platform just yet.

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Justin, please open a support ticket with the document you are working on. We can take a look at a bunch of performance metrics. It may be your connection but it also may be something we can improve on our side.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.