Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to model a marble track?

øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
While the subject is rather specific, the question is perhaps a bit more generic. Suppose one wants to model a pipe or a half-pipe (or a winding road for that matter) that starts somewhere up in the air (bear with me on this), and has a downward slope towards the ground (or just a plane), while at the same time taking turns, perhaps crossing under itself on the way down.

While I realize that Onshape (or other MCAD systems) might not be the tool for something like this, I think it should be possible to do it. I have some ideas, and I have done some testing (not yet with a satisfactory result), so I'm asking for ideas on how to best try modelling something like this.

Comments