Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

DRAWING CONNECTION WITH PART

arturs_ziprisarturs_zipris OS Professional Posts: 27 PRO
I can not find any info, but would be great to connect part properties with drawing title block. 

Comments

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @arturs_zipris The title block is connected to drawing properties with the default Onshape templates.  You can edit the properties by right clicking a drawings tab. 
  • arturs_ziprisarturs_zipris OS Professional Posts: 27 PRO
    @cody_armstrong  I tried, even hit update button several times, but nothing updated in my title block, when I changed properties in my part.
  • john_mcculloughjohn_mccullough Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 38
    @arturs_zipris The current system has only a few default fields in the templates. Expansion to cover part properties and other fields like material and mass is underway. I've added you to the request. 
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    @arturs_zipris You may be doing the same thing that I did at first when I tried it.
    You need to update the properties of the Drawing itself, not the Part in order to get them to show up in the title block.

It would be nice and make more sense (to me at least) if it automatically brought in the properties of the part or assembly when you made a drawing from it. That way you don't have to type in all the same properties twice.
  • tom_scarincetom_scarince Member, Developers Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Tom's First Rule of Using Computers:

Never, ever, ever type, store or update the same piece of data in more than one place. 

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Amen for having only 1 truth / version.

When configurations come into picture, I would like to able to mass update metadata for selected configurations (material, tolerance or other general change)
    //rami
  • arturs_ziprisarturs_zipris OS Professional Posts: 27 PRO
    @tom_scarince That is exactly why I ask for this functionality!