Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a means of adding reference lines to 2D Drawings generated from a model?

stephen_magerstephen_mager Member Posts: 4
I am trying to create a drawing for a cardboard shipping box.  I realize at this time, that Onshape does not have capability in regards to sheet metal and folding parts, so I'm attempting to generate a 2D drawing showing the flattened box, but trying to drawing "reference lines" on the 2D drawing to provide reference to the fold lines.  I can't figure out a way to add a dashed line on the drawing (I can add lines, but I can't change the properties of the line... a solid line appears to be the only option).  

I have attempted to utilize the "line" function and the "2 Point Centerline" but neither method produces a result I'm looking for.

Is there a workaround, or is this function not available yet?

Thanks,
Steve M

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @stephen_mager ,Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. you can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape.
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    Stephen, 

As a workaround, you can split the faces on your model.  Now in your drawing, you have an entity you can dimension to.