Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Poor Image Quality

duane_1duane_1 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hello,

Have a new tablet, HP 10 G2, running Android 5.0.1. , and downloaded the Android Onshape app.

The images of parts  are poor.  The line and corners are not straight, jagged and box like.   Also part does not hold a 3d shape when rotating.  It will turn flat when spun between views, as show below.

Any suggestions to get this app to work better.

Thanks

Duane

Comments

• rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    duane_1 said:
    Hello,

Have a new tablet, HP 10 G2, running Android 5.0.1. , and downloaded the Android Onshape app.

The images of parts  are poor.  The line and corners are not straight, jagged and box like.   Also part does not hold a 3d shape when rotating.  It will turn flat when spun between views, as show below.

Any suggestions to get this app to work better.

Thanks

Duane

Hi Duane,

This appears to be a graphical issue that can occur in specific android devices. Do you know the exact model of your HP devices? That will help narrow down the issue. I strongly encourage you to submit a ticket via the Feedback option in the ? menu and our support team will work with you to address your issue.
  • duane_1duane_1 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thanks

The product No. of the HP 10 G2 tablet is

N3T44AA#ABA
  • qual_tunqual_tun Member Posts: 2
    Iam having the same problem on an android phone running 5.1 lollipop
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    I have a Samsung Galaxy tab S2. The image quality on my tablet is great. I haven't observed any issues with part manipulation and except for very large radii which is a known issue it runs perfectly. 
  • qual_tunqual_tun Member Posts: 2
    I believe the problem is with the mediaTek processor, anyone with a mediaTek proc NOT having these issues?
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @duane_1 We are seeing this with the MALI 450 GPU.  We are seeing this across a number of devices and looking into it.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • stuart_risbystuart_risby Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with an android tablet with a MediaTek processor. Do you think a solution will be available soon, or should I buy a different tablet? Thanks. 
  • tom_borlaugtom_borlaug Member Posts: 1
    are you any closer to a fix for this problem? any updates? I have the same problem.
  • rob_thompsonrob_thompson Member Posts: 3
    Same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 , Android 4,4
  • duane_1duane_1 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thank you Onshape,

I'm now able to use the App on my tablet with the new update.

Duane