Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problem: Failed to resolve part

cedric_3cedric_3 OS Professional Posts: 4 PRO
I've had to edit a part (just dimensions in a sketch), when I come back to the drawing of the part and rebuild/update the view, nothing except the dimensions and notes is displayed and I get a "Failed to resolve part." error message.
Is there anything I can do to repair that view and get my drawing back or do I need to start the drawing from scratch again? It's not exactly giving me much confidence, as this type of iterative operation is likely to happen very frequently and I really do not want to redo my drawings every time I change something!

Comments

• john_mcculloughjohn_mccullough Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 38
    Cedric,

That "Failed to resolve part" error message means that the part which the drawings views are associated to can not be found. Did a modeling change or rollback delete that part? If so, you should be able to restore your history back to a point before that or just roll the feature list to the end. 

If it's not something that simple hopefully you can share that document with support. We should be able to retrace what happened. 

• hkellogg@heuresistech.comhkellogg@heuresistech.com Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Another thing to try:
    check "change configuration" in the menu for one of the views. if you deleted the configuration that the drawing is calling, it can't resolve. 

this just happened to me and updating the configuration fixed it.