Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

My house was ransaked an hour ago and my computers et all are gone

Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
Im shaking im so mad. But chuckled to myself thatall my recent work is on Onsgape. 

Its the little things that can brighten your day

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Are you serious, gee bad luck.
    Hope you have good insurance, but never makes up for the inconvenience. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    Aaah!! That just sucks... :s
    On a positive note: GREAT story pro Onshape security. :)

Dries
  • pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear, @Ben
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I was in a meeting yesterday and our IT guy was talking about locking us from using USB's to make our files safer, WE ARE GOING NUTS. I just had to keep my mouth shut but in my head I am saying Onshape fixes all these problems. Loved the bank analogy Jon Hirschtick  used in his webinar. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Sorry to hear that, 

• caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    Bruce said:
    I just had to keep my mouth shut but in my head I am saying Onshape fixes all these problems.
    So true. In fact, me and my colleague -who are now both using Onshape for real projects- have made this into a little game. Sometimes even without saying a word, just looking meaningful at each other. Like when the EPDM consultant tries to explain proudly how to abuse EPDM to do 'branching'. Chuckles...

Dries
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    Unfortunately all true. Using the forum as a distraction right now... Just finished with the police and they are fingerprinting my house now.... 
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited January 2015
    @Ben Let me know what you need man.  So sorry.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • kevin_quigleykevin_quigley Member Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Ben that is terrible. Hope they find the scumbags.
  • dave_cdave_c Onshape Employees Posts: 42
    Very sorry Ben.
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Ben - I am very sorry to hear this and we here all genuinely feel for you. Recovery (physical replacement of stuff and emotional) all happens over time and at the end of the day you and yours are safe.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • stevehessstevehess Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 98
    Oh maaaaaaan!  sorry to hear.
    Steve Hess \ Onshape Inc.
  • jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Ben just checking in for an update.  We are all so sorry to hear what happened.  So glad you are all safe.
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    I am good now. Still missing lots of stuff but we have managed to get back to functional now and I am back and should be doing a ton of more OS testing in the next few weeks. Thanks for checking up Jon!