Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Best way to re-orient a part to be at a different angle in a drawing from the part studio

colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
I want to create a drawing of a single part, which is oriented at a non-multiple of 90 degrees to any of the standard planes.  Can I somehow re-orient the part into a drawing where it is parallel with one of the standard planes?

Comments

• jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
    Good question.   Right now there's no way to modify the angle of a view, but we've had a lot of interest in that and have been working on it.  Stay tuned.
  • kristoffer_bakerkristoffer_baker Member Posts: 1
    This definitely needs looking at, being able to create a drawing view normal to a part surface is essential.
  • kjell_overgaardkjell_overgaard Member Posts: 1
    Another vote for this feature here.
  • wkoehnwkoehn Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Please add my vote for this feature!
  • jochen333jochen333 OS Professional Posts: 28 PRO
    Mine too..... 
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    It's a workaround but I'd either:-

(a) Add a "Transform Rotarte" operation to the partstudio, do the drawing then supress it afterward.

(b) Derive the single part into another partstudio, mate it to the origin and do the drawing off that.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd