Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Need Help making 45 degree cut

alex_lassmanalex_lassman Member Posts: 1
Can some one show me how to make a 45degree cut in an extruded 2x2 square tube. I can make the tube but im having a hard time putting a 45degree angle at one end. or point me towards a tutorial thanks.

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    You should be able to create a sketch on one of the side faces, draw a rectangle to represent the area to remove, then extrude/remove
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited May 2016
    alex-

Build geometry:
    1. add a chamfer, select an edge RMB (right mouse button), pick on chamfer
    2. do what neil says, but add 45˚ draft to the extrude/remove to get the 45˚ cut.

Drawings:
    Why is this under drawings? If you want to add the callout to a drawing, I have no idea.
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    As per Neil's advise.

1.gif 2.2M
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Thanks @_Dave_ I meant to say triangle  :s
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I as thinking this: