Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Copy/Paste table in drawing

andy_boyerandy_boyer Member Posts: 4
After creating a table in a drawing I would like to copy that table to another drawing within the same document.  Detailed research and attempted work-arounds have not revealed how to do this.  Is it possible?  Thanks.  

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't possible. But would be something that I would also find very useful.
  • robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    It appears to be that you can't copy anything between drawings currently.

I agree though, it would be really nice to be able to copy text annotations and tables between drawings.
  • andy_boyerandy_boyer Member Posts: 4
    In my research I did note that once you select a table (let's say with the upper left corner dot) so that it turns darker brown, and then hold Ctrl down while selecting again, it creates a copy of the table within that drawing.  Interesting that you can't then take that copy and port it to another drawing in that document.
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    andy_boyer, thank you for sharing your research about copying drawing table in a single  sheet to us, I  tried it with your method , it is very useful !
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    @andy_boyer That's awesome! Good observation. In my opinion Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V could be better in this case.
  • Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    In my research I did note that once you select a table (let's say with the upper left corner dot) so that it turns darker brown, and then hold Ctrl down while selecting again, it creates a copy of the table within that drawing.
    This works fine for table but not able move leader with note together. if i try the above method to a note with leader then i can copy only leader or only note.but not able to move both.