Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hurry Up...

pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
Just lost a whole morning's work in SolidWorks because a co-worker copied over my work (bizarre story)...  Wouldn't have happened in something like Onshape.  It's a complicated part, too.  Going to take a little while to re-do.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited February 2015
    That no good @Pete Yodis nothing worse that having to re-do the work already done especially when under deadlines. I came back after lunch today and thought I'd lost my work after a cash, luckily nearly everything came back on restart but during this kept thinking this wouldn't happen in Onshape. I get the occasional return to documents page but nothing that really wastes much time.

Bring it on. As a customer I can't wait for those improvements that will get me onto some major projects, but as a designer/product developer I understand things take time and if I can just wait that bit longer hopefully we will have a more rounded out Onshape solution to all these problems.   
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    Just finished the re-work... sheesh.  I had the recent blog posts from Dave Corcoran, Jon Hirschtick, and John McEleney  burning in my memory this afternoon.  Nothing worse than on a tight deadline with some serious money behind it.  My hurry up comment was really a complement.  I agree @Bruce that they should release it right.  I'm willing to wait.  Good times are coming.
  • Options
    Aaron_Easton_NickovichAaron_Easton_Nickovich Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I agree.

I like solidworks unless I'm NOT the only one with access to the project.