Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Deleting shared documents

nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
Hi,

I'm still on the Free Plan to investigate and learn OnShape.

Now the document page says I've used up 10/10 private documents though I only have 8. I also have two shared documents which I guess are counted towards the 10 private documents. 

And now I would like to delete those shared documents (they are/were not created by me). But I can't figure out how to do that!

If I select a shared document and click on the cog wheel icon the menu does not have delete or unshare or anything useful....feeling rather stupid as this surely must be a simple operation.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @kustaa_2, Kindly visit the folder shared with me. There you can find your two document which is shared with you by other user. After that select remove me share from gear drop-down menu. Kindly refer below image.

• cody_armstrongcody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 213
    @kustaa_2  You should see an option in the gear drop-down in the Documents page to "Remove me from share"
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @kustaa_2,Generally it is not happening refer below image. Kindly check created by me option. Check number of document in "Created by me" folder. If there is less than 10 document then that may be bug. Can you please open a support ticket and give some more details to Onshape support team they definitely help you.

• nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Ah, I could have sworn that I had just emptied the trash but as my wife can testify I don't always do that ;) thanks! The symmetry of 10 visible documents and 10/10 private documents made my brain fart...