Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

iOS 9.3.1 9.7" iPad Pro can I print a sketch?

l_l_ Member Posts: 5
i don't seem to find the print command in the mobile version. Is it the same as with exporting a STL that I have to open the drawing in the browser version on the computer to export or print? ( I know I can take a screen shot and print that but it's not what I am looking for)

Comments

• Options
    Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Printing a "Drawing" in Safari does not exists (!?). There is no way of printing, however you can print from Chrome. In Chrome tap the three bars next to "Onshape", upper left corner, select "Print", then a PDF screen of the drawing appears. Then on the upper right corner tap the ⬆️ (Square with an Up arrow) and select "Print".

• Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    l_ said:
    i don't seem to find the print command in the mobile version. Is it the same as with exporting a STL that I have to open the drawing in the browser version on the computer to export or print? ( I know I can take a screen shot and print that but it's not what I am looking for)
    @l_ There is currently no functionality to export into different files types. We are currently working on implementing an export functionality. Please note that it will require an account for some sort of cloud storage (iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) as iOS does not have any local storage (other than photos) that we can export to.

The current workaround is to print on the desktop client.