Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Dimensions tool bar

hoang_phamhoang_pham Member Posts: 1
I can't find ot Dimensions tool bar. Only Sketch tool bar on screen. Please show me how to turn on/off tool bar
Tagged:

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @hoang_pham , The Onshape measure tool is available in Part Studios, for sketches and parts, and in Assemblies for parts and assemblies; it appears in the bottom right corner of the interface when a selection is made:

The measure tool displays measurements dynamically whenever you select entities.

1) Select any entity. The measure tool show measurements for that entity.

2) Select another entity. The measure tool shows measurements between the entities.
    Note the triangle on the measure tool. Clicking it shows more measurements.

You can use the information displayed to enter values elsewhere in the system, for example, as a dimension:

With the Measurement dialog expanded, click and drag to highlight the value you want to copy:

• Before releasing the mouse button when highlighting, use keyboard shortcuts to copy the value
    • OR after releasing the mouse button when highlighting, open the Measure dialog again (the value will still be highlighted) and use keyboard shortcuts to copy the value.
    • For more detail kindly refer below link.
    • https://cad.onshape.com/help/index.htm#measure-ps.htm?Highlight=part measure                                                                                                    

• shaddy_eldesoukyshaddy_eldesouky Member Posts: 6
    I have the same problem,but Mr. viru's answer did not solve the problem. this is the dimension tools bar that I want it to appear
  • shaddy_eldesoukyshaddy_eldesouky Member Posts: 6
    ok, the answer is here, https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/introducing-onshape-drawings , you have to create a drawing sheet from the bottom left corner, press the plus button then create drawing and you will find the drawing tool bar that contains the dimension tools, then import the part to the drawing sheet and have fun.