Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Adding constraints to sketch entities in drawings?

pete_7pete_7 Member Posts: 3
I would like to add a vertical centerline to a drawing, then dimension from that. It appears there is no way to constrain a centerline, nor can I select it for dimensioning. Is this an intended behavior?

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    There still working on that.
  • michael_mcewenmichael_mcewen OS Professional Posts: 77 PRO
    I find this frustrating as well.  In my sketch, I have pairs of slots.  I add  centerlines between the pairs, and wish to dimension the centerlines, but the dimension tools will not select the CL's
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    michael_mcewen,yes, until now we still could not give dimensions from center lines, but I  believe this issue will be solved soon!
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that hole callouts in drawings will also be added soon.
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    michael3424, kindly remind that we can create associate dimensions to centerline in drawings now , how nice !
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    @shanshan I agree that centerline-based dimensions are great and do appreciate them, but use hole callouts on almost every 2D drawing so they are important for me.