Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

help

strmckrstrmckr Member Posts: 2
is there a cad function/tool that mimics  a change in dimension in a single x,y,z dimension that will shift an object and not change the dimension of everything attached to it ?

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I assume you question is referring to modelling in the part studio tab. If so try the transform tool. 

Select the icon just past the middle

Select Translate by XYZ on the dialogue drop down.

You can even use the triad to move the components in the graphics area if desired. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • strmckrstrmckr Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    not exactly,

my issue is when sketching a drawing,
     I have multiple drawings that are identical shape wise but differ in width/height

when  i copy paste the sketch and try  increasing/decreasing in height/length in x,y directions on a single segment

all attached drawings  off that vertex intersection either skew in size or only the line changes height but nothing else attached to it moves??

in cad i can change the segment length and the drawing shifts in the same direction. {instead of resizes}