Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export from mobile?

austin_phillipsaustin_phillips Member Posts: 1
Is there a way to export from mobile? If not can there be in the near future? I am constantly needing to send different file types to customers from my phone.

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @austin_phillips, Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can vote for this improvement request which is already raised by some other user. Please vote for this improvement request by visiting below link.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/3809/export-files-for-mobile-ios
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    @austin_phillips out of curiosity, have you tried simply sharing a document with a customer? Then, they can export the models in whatever file format they want. 
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    dxf export from iphone app would be awesome, download to dropbox or add to email. @Noa It maybe a bit much to share a file and ask a laser contract to export a certain face. I don't know how many times I have been asked for a forgotten dxf file, it would be really cool if I could do it straight from my phone. I can see the same for 3d printing stl's, asking a contractor to export is a bit much and risky if the wrong part can be selected. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • ofir_tiroshofir_tirosh Member Posts: 2
    You can export from mobile if you use your mobile web browser. Not easy to edit, but just logging in and exporting works pretty well. You need to check the 'request desktop site' option.