Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

My spidey sense is tingling...

Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
So every time some strange funkyness happens with my OS It is indicative of a OS update... Thru support today I had this confirmed :) 

The good is that there will be awesome new features  to play with, whoot! 

The pseudo annoying / bad... This is something that OS should be aware of when updating. Yes most updates are smooth but maybe put up a popup dialog in a users window telling them a update has been pushed and to clear their cache and restart the browser... 

Just a suggestion.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    With every release we are trying to perfect the magic of making these as seamless as possible.  We would like you to not be bothered and features just show up when you go in.  Obviously there is a lot that needs to be managed to ensure stability and when you experience these things, let us know so we can add that to our testing.  ~Lou
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    You bet... Like I said it would not be a big thing to have a popup saying there is a update and to refresh your browser and or a cache clean
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Ben said:
    The pseudo annoying / bad... This is something that OS should be aware of when updating. Yes most updates are smooth but maybe put up a popup dialog in a users window telling them a update has been pushed and to clear their cache and restart the browser... 
    Re the bold:
    We've put in a fair amount of effort to make sure that you don't have to clear cache or restart your browser for updates to work correctly.  If you are finding that you need to do either, please let us know and we will investigate.  Updates should be as minimally disruptive to your Onshape experience as possible.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    Ok Jake will do. FWIW I have noticed this behaviour on 3 different computers during differing updates at different times. I'll document better from now on.