Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can you create a drawing of assembly?

thang_nguyenthang_nguyen Member Posts: 1
Hello, I created a assembly and mate all thing together, and when I move it, I can not create the right drawing.
please help me

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @thang_nguyen,  You can create right drawing by two method.
    1) Give proper constrain to base part of assembly with respect to origin so that at least one face of base part is parallel to any plane.
    2) By changing rotation angle in view properties
      Rotation angle: All views, when created, have a rotation angle of 0 degrees. You can change this value only if the view has no parent (is not a 'child'), is not a parent (has no 'children'), or if the alignment with a parent is broken.

Valid values are between -360 and 360 degrees.

Tips

• The view rotates around the center of the view rectangle, which changes size as needed. For detail views, the view rotates about the center of the circle surrounding the detail view; the visible geometry stays the same and the circle stays the same size.
    • When the Rotation angle is not 0 degrees, then the view properties to reconnect alignment are disabled. Similarly, the commands to reconnect alignment with the parent are also disabled. You must change the Rotation angle to 0 degrees before the view can reconnect with the parent.
    • All dimensions adjust when a Rotation angle changes. Vertical and horizontal linear dimensions remain vertical and horizontal. Aligned and rotated linear dimensions remain aligned and rotated to their view geometry.
    • View scale and label location change to be centered below the new view rectangle or detail view circle.
    • Use Break alignment to parent to remove the alignment of the view to its parent. If there are no dependencies, that is, if the view has no children, then you can use the Rotation angle field once the alignment is broken. However, if there are other issues blocking the view from being rotated (that is, if it has children), then the view cannot be rotated. Keep in mind, that if a view has children it cannot be rotated even if you select break alignment.