Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to rotate a sketch element ?

jean_didierjean_didier Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
I'm trying to rotate a square and i can not find a rotate tool, am I missing something ?
Thanks,

Best Answers

Answers

• david_zdavid_z Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    There's an easier workaround: Use the circular pattern tool to create an instance of the shape at the angle you want. You will have to create extra instances of the shape at angles you don't want, temporarily. Apply the circular pattern and simply select and delete all instances of the shape which are not at the correct angle. This worked well for me on a shape imported from a DXF which was not fully constrained and would not work with the method described above. It also does not require removing any constraints.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    ..We don't yet have a dedicated rotation tool for sketching..

Today, we do have dedicated transform / rotation tool for sketch - hopefully soon it will get numeric movements and snaps to existing geometry.
    //rami
  • wallywally Member Posts: 2
    Is this rotation tool available yet?
  • Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hi Wally, 

You can use the sketch transformation tool : https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/transform-sketch.htm