Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Functionality needed for metal casting (and plastic part design)

2»

Comments

• colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Autodesk mold flow
  • dave_cowdendave_cowden Member, Developers Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    I see i was summoned :)

It would definitely be possible to add a featurescript to create sprues, runner, and gates.  I have the coding know-how, but i dont know enough about the problem domain to do a good job, so i'd need to be paired with someone who could assist me with how it would work.  It would be possible to create an entire mold from a part, i guess, too: but i suspect that it would be a BIG input dialog because its not a trivial process at all, i know that much!

If i could get guidance on what FS would work well, i'll be happy to look into it.
  • fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    For those who like to leave drafting their part til the very end of the model (like me and @PeteYodis) I created the Featurescript "Part Draft" feature just for us!  :p
     https://cad.onshape.com/documents/578ceef1e4b01a7c3b1f353f/w/fa319c720c94a559de053612/e/2d4015dbb936ea708337450a