Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drawing - threads / tapped

BerndBernd Member Posts: 18 PRO
I integrated a M5 thread into a part. How can  I insert the measurements in the drawing. There should be a semi automated mode, but at the moment I'm not able to activate this function.
Also the thread is shown as a pure hole. The fine 3/4 circle is missing. How to activate this function.

Answers

• colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    @bernd_hertzler

This functionality is not available yet.  
    You can request this feature by using the feedback command.  

This is a common feature so Im confident it shouldn't be too long before this is released.  
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    And the more users that request it, the faster it will get implemented.  I'd thought an Improvement Request had already been logged but couldn't find one so here is the one I just created:

https://onshape.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/40217

• jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
    We're aware of the need for these enhancements and have begun work on some parts of them.  It's too early to know when they'll be ready.  Keep in mind that you might not get them all at once.  For example, you might get the hole callouts in one update, and the 3/4 circle thread display in a different one.  Your requests do help us prioritize, so thank you for your input! 
  • MilesIn3DMilesIn3D Member Posts: 6 PRO
    I have a lot of 3D experience, but very little 2D experience. But of course to manufacture parts with traditional manufacturing, you'll most likely need a 2D detailed drawing. So same here, I added "tapped holes" into my design using the "hole" feature. And then created a drawing and manually entered the thread call out and depth, etc. Very easy to make a mistake, especially if there are a lot of different sized threaded holes. (or even if they are updated in the 3D model, would they sync into the 2D drawing?) I understand that lots of things are being designed into Onshape's functionality, so I look forward to this feature when it arrives. Thanks!
  • David_CADSessionsDavid_CADSessions Member Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    +1 thread callouts in drawings are very important. Every other part I've made a drawing for in my career had tapped holes.
    Check out my Onshape tutorials  :)