Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I share a link to a sprcific version of the document

I want to share a link to V1 of my document, while I am going to continue working on V2.
What is the best way to share a link to a specific version?
Tagged:

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    If I remember correctly this type of sharing has some issues (user can access also 'Main' version by removing version part of link). I'm not 100% sure of this. Many of us have asked for more control over what is being shared (versions, tabs, etc..)

Currently best way would be taking a copy of your doc after finished V1 and share link to that copy.
    //rami
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Rami is correct, currently there is no way to share just a single version of a document. The best way to work around this is to create a new doc and used the "Derived" feature to pull that version into the new doc.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    The other option is to use the Share as link then once that option is selected, go back to your document, open your version and copy the URL out of the address bar.  The link URL always goes to the Main workspace but really what this "Share as link" is allowing is the ability to anonymously access the document...as long as this option is enabled.  Since our URLs are Document, Workspace or version and element specific, you can send them a link to the exact version/tab you want.  More granular sharing permissions are being considered for the future.   
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • oleksandr_masliuchenkooleksandr_masliuchenko Member Posts: 5
    I am not going to hide V2 work. I just want to point to a consistent version (which is V1) so that people may branch of if needed.

Though, lougallo's approach seems to work. Thank you