Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exporting STEP to AutoCAD

scott_curtis822scott_curtis822 Member Posts: 3
Good morning,
My current employer is a little behind the curve in terms of CAD technology, and is still trying to use AutoCAD for 3D modeling and drawing creation. Yeah, it's less than ideal.
That said, I've been modeling in OnShape, and then exporting STEP/IGES/Parasolid for import to AutoCAD. Everything has been working great (for the most part), except that I have this one part that refuses to import at the same version level as I output it from OnShape.

Has anyone else had issues with improper STEP import, i.e. getting older versions of you geometry? I can find no way to force the correct import, and it's quite frustrating...

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Have you tried ACIS? That is the modeling kernel of AutoCAD, so you may have better luck (or not).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    scott_curtis822scott_curtis822 Member Posts: 3
    Excellent! I hadn't tried the ACIS format; I'm not that familiar with ACAD, so thanks for filling me in on the file type association!