Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

As a pro user I will only be allowed to submitted 100 feedback/bug/help requests annually? Clarify?

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in General
So all my documents are missing.
I put in feedback saying all my data is gone 30 minutes before a presentation....and that's going to count against a 100 feedback submission limit?

----

So. I accidentally signed into IE.
I absolutely think this should count against a limit.
But bugs should not.

Best Answers

Answers

• OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    Did the posted get edited? I thought I saw some plans have no help support, some had 5 help tickets, pro had 100, and enterprise unlimited. Did that get posted and then removed?
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    @john_rousseau

we all want you to have a thriving business. However, we all want a modicum of privacy for some of our work, even if we are not Pro users. A lot of us are a bit older and haven't fallen for the need to share everything in our lives like some of the youngs have. We don't want others to see our partially finished or abondoned work, our flights of fancy, our poor designs, or our private ideas.

Open source is great, but you have to know that every time an open source developer tries something on their own it is not immediately shared with the world. They wait to commit it until they think their idea is sound, works, and doesn't break anything. Will that be available in Onshape for free account users. No, users with Free accounts will be living in glass houses with everybody able to see their every move. Like sharing a live feed of everything on your phone to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram without keeping any of the information to yourself. I for one, would give up Onshape for that very reason if I were not using an Educational account. I cannot abide by not having any privacy. In fact, next year when I teach Solid Modeling to college students, I may regrettably go back to Creo. 
  • thomas_kozakthomas_kozak Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    @john_rousseau

...No, users with Free accounts will be living in glass houses with everybody able to see their every move. Like sharing a live feed of everything on your phone to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram without keeping any of the information to yourself.
    There's a huge difference between social media and OnShape public documents, though.  As far as I can tell, search of public documents is only by title.  So even if I know your nickname I can't just go look at all of your work and "watch your every move."  If you give your workspace a descriptive title I might find it when looking for a related thing, but if you call it "Unfinished Experiment 075?"  The only way to see that is to page through the public documents one by one. And if your nickname is not your forum name?

Yes, I know "security through obscurity" isn't really security, but unless you have an explicit secrecy requirement (business, govt. contract, etc) the risk of being stalked on OnShape is pretty slim.  It is definitely NOT the same as posting all of your work to a public Twitter feed.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭

There's a huge difference between social media and OnShape public documents, though.  As far as I can tell, search of public documents is only by title.  So even if I know your nickname I can't just go look at all of your work and "watch your every move." 
    Except that, as we've just found, today's Onshape policies (or any other company) are subject to change so you may find better public document search tools in the future that would make your obscure public files more findable.
  • nyholkunyholku Member Posts: 58 PRO
    Elsewhere Onshape has gone on record on improving the search so in the future you can search for projects with other attributes than names. As soon as that happens Google, Facebook, Twitter & co will have an API to access and index all the Onshape public models... and create a news feed of your progress to all who want to spy on you, sorry keep eye on your progress.