Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What is best way to collaborate with client that does not have an account?

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
I tested sharing as view only to my yahoo (no Onshape account e-mail).   Then I opened the Yahoo's link Incognito.   However, I do not see the yahoo user in my account Document?
www.accuratepattern.com
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    Answer ✓
    Collaborators are shown only if they are working on the same workspace as you. Multiple users working on multiple workspaces of a document are not considered as collaborating.

When a document is shared view-only each anonymous user opening the document is opening the document in a workspace that is unique to him and hence somebody in the Main workspace won't see him.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If client does not have an account I assume it's more like presentation with commenting than collaboration?
    We use Teamviewer since it's better than Onshape follow-me which lacks following into sketch mode (where all the magic begins). And usually these 'collaboration' session include sharing some images, webpages, spreadsheets etc. so I don't see a reason for Onshape providing tools for this use.
    //rami

Answers

• Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    Answer ✓
    Collaborators are shown only if they are working on the same workspace as you. Multiple users working on multiple workspaces of a document are not considered as collaborating.

When a document is shared view-only each anonymous user opening the document is opening the document in a workspace that is unique to him and hence somebody in the Main workspace won't see him.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Answer ✓
    If client does not have an account I assume it's more like presentation with commenting than collaboration?
    We use Teamviewer since it's better than Onshape follow-me which lacks following into sketch mode (where all the magic begins). And usually these 'collaboration' session include sharing some images, webpages, spreadsheets etc. so I don't see a reason for Onshape providing tools for this use.
    //rami