Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tiny Changes to Versions

bartbart Member Posts: 19
I saved a version but simply want to rename a couple of sketches in it. I can't seem to do that.

Instead I have to create a near-identical version then rename the old one "NOTHING" or something like that. It looks very messy. Is there a way to delete or edit versions without branching?

Many thanks,
Bart
Tagged:

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Maybe we need a way to hide those old unwanted versions from the tree, but still see them in an optional full veiw mode for transparency sakes, however, I think I would be fine if you could just delete the versions to clean up the tree. It is nice that we can now rename versions.

Not sure if it helps but you can also make a version at any micro change. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • bartbart Member Posts: 19
    I figured that was the answer. Many thanks!