Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

OnShape session times out too often...

Dylan_StewartDylan_Stewart Member, Developers Posts: 107 PRO
Is there a way to change the settings so this doesn't happen? 

I'm working on a very tedious FS that's very long and if I make a mistake or need to go back, I can't.

Seems to happen about every 5 minutes or less.... 

Didn't this only happen if you left a document sitting for a long period of time without working in it? 

Now I can be in the middle of working on a PS or FS or whatever and it'll time out thus taking away my ability to ctrl-z or undo....

Very very very irritating. 
Digital Engineering

Comments

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    HI Dylan. This is a bug that I've been trying to track down that only a few of our users are seeing. Onshape should not disconnect you if you are active. What you are seeing is not a timeout, it is a disconnect to our servers. 

Can you please open a support ticket so we can add you to the active investigation? We will ask you some questions about your internet connection too.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle.
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Dylan_StewartDylan_Stewart Member, Developers Posts: 107 PRO
    @john_rousseau

Yes, I will get on that. 

Thank you for the prompt response. 
    Digital Engineering
  • dylan_gunndylan_gunn Member Posts: 6 EDU
    I'm having similar issues and initially suspected my internet connection because I do see that hiccup from time to time.

However, this morning I noticed very peculiar behavior that makes me think there is more going on.

I've been trying to edit a hole pattern by removing a sketch point from that pattern.  I do that by right clicking the feature and selecting 'edit...'

In order to remove the hole from the sketch I either deselect that point by clicking it on the sketch or by clicking the x next to it in the list of sketch points in the edit dialog box.

As soon as I click on either the sketch point or the x, OnShape disconnects and I must reload.  This has happened 5 times sequentially.

As a result I am no longer motivated to upgrade my internet connection until I am confident that OS has resolved other issues.

@Dylan_Stewart : have you noticed any trends this way?

@john_rousseau I submitted a trouble ticket.  

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @dylan_gunn This is not the same issue. I have responded to you on your ticket.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 63 PRO
    I have the same problem. It happens while I work  I have changed to a mobile broadband 4G   .  I dont  think the problem is the internet connection
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @svenolov_nystrom. Looking at the logs, I can see your client is complaining that our server closed the connection and our server is complaining that the client closed the connection. This means that the network is getting disconnected in the middle. This almost always ends up being a problem with the internet connection close to you.

Please check your network connection. If you are in a company or educational setting, talk to your IT administrator. If you are using a regular ISP, open a support ticket with them. Tell them that you are having frequent web socket disconnects. 

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.