Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

OnCreate3D First Full Cloud CAM App - Needs Beta Testing enthusiasts

abhijit_kumthekarabhijit_kumthekar Member, Developers Posts: 4
Hi All,

OnCreate3D has been working closely with Onshape for last 3 months to integrate our OnCreate3D cloud App with OnShape. We are excited to work with OnShape. Help provided by Joe Dunne, John Desilets and Jason Slingerland is overwhelming. Joe will formally move us to Beta testing stage with OnShape today. We would like this fantastic community to help us with Beta Program.

OnCreate3D works entirely in browser. No installations, locks, Upgrade and AMC costs. You PAY AS YOU GO. Please visit www.OnCreate3D.com for more information. We have 3 axis milling and 2.5 axis milling toolpaths in place with NC File creation and download. We are working on Lathe and Nesting.

Please help us live up to expectations from strong community such as ours and future users. Our Beta program is FREE for all users until June end 2017. If you signed up for Beta Program, you will get FREE access until June 2018.

Thanking you in anticipation and hoping for good response from you all.

Regards,

Abhijit Kumthekar
Co-Founder & Director
Machining Software Pvt. Ltd.
(We are self financed start up in Pune, India, incorporated in May 2016)
Tagged:

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.

This is great news. I'm in.

I've visited your site and signed up, but how do I apply for the Onshape beta?

Regards,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    First couple of thoughts on the web version:-

(1) We need some units on the speeds.  Are the numbers shown mm/min, mm/sec, inches/min etc?
    (2) Where's our origin vertically?  Top of material being cut or bed of machine?
    (3) Where's our origin in x/y?  Centre of work-piece, a corner, offset etc.
    (4) Having imported a part I can see how to change views, how do I re-orientate the part?  (It's currently machining the side face not the top.)
    (5) Can we set spindle speed?
    (6) Can we set up a tool database?

Regards,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • abhijit_kumthekarabhijit_kumthekar Member, Developers Posts: 4
    Thanks Owen. Please provide email that you used to sign up with Onshape. I will add it in onshape OnCreate3D appstore team. This will give u access to OnCreate3D when you right click to Add Application.
    Regards
    Abby (Simple to remember)
    Thanks Abby, PM sent.

Cheers,
    Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried posting the NC code and I get endlessly long strings of code. I'm afraid that there's not an control I know of that can use this and I  certainly wont spend the time breaking it up into useable lines of code.
    Dave, Sorry, last deploy for NC File output broke the code. If you try opening NC File in wordpad, you will see it line by line. We have fixed the issue. Next deploy will resolve it.

Please keep checking for Version and build no. At right bottom on footer.
    Thanks a lot for good response. I already have 3 enthusiasts signed up. May I request couple of more?
    edited March 2017
    Hi @abhijit_kumthekar

I tried having a play a while back but the app didn't appear in the app store, however on looking again today it's there so I'll give it a try.

Propper toolpaths from parametric CAD sounds wonderful.  With my current setup I'm sick of making one little change to a 3D model resulting in a new dxf export, and then generation new toolpaths from scratch in desktop software.  If your OnCreate3D app gets developed into fully functional software it'll be a huge step up from this.  Keep up the good work guys :)

What I'm not looking for is software that takes a look at the model as a whole and just generates one rough and one smooth path for the whole job.   There are plenty of those already. Ever tried to cut a square channel with a ball nose cutter...?  What I'm looking for is generation individual paths for each feature using an appropriate cutter, and then combining that into a full project with ATC commands included.

I see you have some 2.5D stuff in the web version but couldn't see how to apply any of that to my model in the integrated Onshape version.

One really small sugestion is to match the mouse button mapping to OnS.  I'm using Onshape, V-Carve CNC, 3D print software, and now OnCreate3D and the button behavior is different in all.  Drives the user slightly insane. :s

Cheers,
    Owen S.

HWM-Water Ltd