Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Have problems with Onshape after creating .stl file and transferring to slicer for printing.

Eric_BrooksEric_Brooks Member Posts: 5
File appeared in slicer, Simplify3D, as being way to large for it to handle. Simplify also showed message "incorrect binary format detected". Has anyone any idea what this inplies. The workspace appears to be corrupt as the following model had the same problem. Any ideas regarding this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi Eric,

Could you post a link to your model here or share it with support (using the feedback option under the ? button in your document)?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • duane_1duane_1 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hi Eric,

I've created several parts using Onshape,  used Simplify3D as a slicer, and printed them.

Try converting the part to metric units (mm), then creating a STL export file.   When I keep the units in mm, the file imports trouble free into Simplify3D for me.  If the units were in inches ,I also got file size errors.