Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Grouping in Part Studio

Grouping in Part Studio
Tagged:

Comments

• Daniel_OrchardDaniel_Orchard Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Possibly be able to set assemblies / sub assemblies in the part studio or allow feature script to automate the creation of assemblies and sub-assemblies from the part studio (possibly from grouping?).
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited January 2017
    @christoph_hessler Can you be more specific?  Grouping in the Feature list or in some other way?  Since parts do not move in space like they do in an Assembly, I am wondering what exactly you would be grouping and where it would be displayed.?  Or are you asking for some grouping mechanism in the PartList below the featurelist?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @christoph_hessler I have moved this to product feedback until I can get an idea of what you are asking for.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Brandon_3Brandon_3 Member Posts: 1
    He may be asking something I was curious about - when I take parts from a part studio to an assembly do I always have to set the mates? For example, I created a part studio to represent a weldment, but when I imported it into an assembly I had to set up mates even though I designed the part studio exactly how I wanted the relationships.

In addition, if I update the part studio, I have to then update the assembly with the new part.