Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Voting system for new features

3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
There is so much missing from OS currently that everybody can create 100 spots wishlist but it's tough crawling for development to find out what should be added first. In good old days, Alibre had uservoice account where users could make suggestions and vote for them. There is limited amount of votes so you actually need to think what is the most important right now. After some feature is completed, you can free up votes for next best thing.
//rami

Comments

• jonathan_stedmanjonathan_stedman Member, Mentor Posts: 65 PRO
    I would second this.  Having now modelled a few of my existing projects from scratch I have list of what I would want.  All standard stuff that I am sure OS is working on. But rather than clog up some ones already fraught and busy day with yet another 'wish list' to digest  - a common list would be great with a a limited number of votes and an 'other' field for perhaps the odd world changing, special unlisted feature.

Jon
  • david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    I too like the idea of seeing and voting on new features that have been ask for. I would like to be able to turn on a grid when sketching and be able to snap to it.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Let me see if I can create something like this here.  We have the vote up/down features here.  Give me some time to talk to the group here and see about having a category for Improvement requests so you can post a feature and then vote up the discussions you like.  Stay tuned.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Lou I can look at the tickets I have made. Is there a way to look at the tickets other folks are submitting.

Dave 
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @LouGallo Thanks for looking into this.. If possible it would be important to have only few votes for each member - otherwise you don't get clear view what is the most important.. If I remember correctly uservoice had 10 votes for each and you could give 1-3 votes for suggestion.
    Maybe you could also add some basic rules for suggestions thread to avoid them getting carried away..
    //rami
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LouGallo I think that here you can see a different point of view 

I hope that you will find it interesting
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común