Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to extrude 1mm deep recess for screw head at the bottom of previous extruded face??.

jecompjecomp Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2017 in Using Onshape
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jecompjecomp Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys, thank you very much, you helped me sort it out. I obviously have to understand more of the way cad is structured and the interaction between features,faces and planes.I was able to deconstruct change the order of the sketches and extrudes and then repair all resulting RED sketches and extrudes. You Guys at Onshape are amazing at what you have created, Thanks again billy2 and Owen_Sparks.-------End Result Below-----                          

Answers

Answer ✓
    Hi guys, thank you very much, you helped me sort it out. I obviously have to understand more of the way cad is structured and the interaction between features,faces and planes.I was able to deconstruct change the order of the sketches and extrudes and then repair all resulting RED sketches and extrudes. You Guys at Onshape are amazing at what you have created, Thanks again billy2 and Owen_Sparks.-------End Result Below-----                          
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    No worries @jecomp

Don't leave us hanging, it looks great, but what is that thing?

Cheers, Owen S,
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    It,s a battery carrier with a difference for a quad, the front and rear cutouts are to fit front and rear (Power) led lights with heat sinks.The reason for the led lights is to help us amateur pilots to identify which way the quad is going. Have lost 2 Quads to-date. Into the wide blue yonder.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Ah-hah, nice :)  Thanks fo the insight.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd