Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet Metal Drawing With Both Bent and Flat Pattern Views

eric_laueric_lau Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hi Guys, 
I am trying to make drawings of some sheet metal parts and I would like to have 1 drawing that has 2 sheets. The first sheet would have the finished (bent) part and the second sheet would show the flat pattern. I am able to make drawing views of the flat part and the bent part in separate drawing tabs but I can't figure out how to do them in a single drawing tab. Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi Eric,

You can definitely use multiple sheets in drawings! You can find some guidance here.

Best,

Mike
  • Options
    eric_laueric_lau Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Yeah, I knew how to add multiple sheets but not how to add views including flat and bent versions of the model. Actually I went back and took another look after reading through your link and found what I was looking for. I was trying to add a view with the "use existing" dropdown list in the view creator but I needed to click "insert part or assembly" first to add the second version of the part. 
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Ahh, yeah that can be a little confusing. I'm glad you figured it out!