Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Circular Honeycomb Frame - New to CAD Software

anton_nicolaanton_nicola Member Posts: 2
Hey team, brand new to Onshape and CAD software in general. Attempting to construct a segmented circle (72" diameter) using a honeycomb design for the outer frame and a cross/T design inside the circle for support. Then design pieces to snap into the surface of the honeycomb in order to secure it. I have watched multiple intro videos and looked through the forums but still am at a loss and feel like my design will be faulty without seeking some form of aid. If anyone has any insight as to where to start, what I should watch/lookup/learn in order to get this project moving forward it would be much appreciated.

-Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi @anton_nicola

Personally I'd start smaller, do some of the onshape tutorial exercises and then revisit your actual project in a couple of days time armed with a set of tools and concepts of what's possible.  To be honest your question is a little vague to offer specific help on as it stands.  Also check out one of @cody_armstrong 's excellent getting started webinars, either a recording of an old one or preferably live.  They're free and great to show just how easy things can be done once a few essentials are mastered.

If you'll excuse the comparison I'd quite like to learn to fly a plane but I'd probably not start at 10,000 feet 100 miles from a runway  I'd at least read the manual an watch a couple of youtube videos first :p

Good luck and shout with any specific tasks you need a hand with.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    anton_nicolaanton_nicola Member Posts: 2
    Greatly appreciate the reply @owen_sparks . I will keep watching more videos and be more specific with future questions.

I hear you. Learning to swim in the deep end can be quite troublesome for most.

Thanks!