Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

In Context - Update - All?

lee_carterlee_carter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in General
Hello,

I have multiple compression springs modeled in a punch and die set.  I have the spring lengths modeled in-context so that when the punch holder moves I can see the compressed or extended length of the springs.  Can the springs in-context be updated all at once?  Or, do I need to use another method for modeling the springs?

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @lee_carter - Please submit an enhancement request (here on the forums) for this. 
    Engancement requests are how we know what to work on next. 

You are correct, there is currently no way to do this in the assembly (which is the right place to do this) other than manually updating the contexts. 

Of course - the question is how many different length springs are there?

One way to do it would be to model one of each diameter/type in the part studio (potentially) created by the context - that way you would only have to update one context. 

That said, I personally would prefer one spring per Part Studio and an 'update all'. 
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • lee_carterlee_carter Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Philip,

Current set will only have three different sizes and 3 different lengths.  Not a big deal updating a few parts.

Thanks.